The Integrated Assessment Record (IAR) tool provides a central repository for clinical assessment data collected from multiple community care sectors. It allows authorized Health Service Providers (HSPs) within the circle of care to upload and view a client’s assessment information in a secure and timely manner. The IAR enables collaborative care planning as well as enhanced communication between providers, for the ultimate goal of promoting high quality care for clients in the community.
IAR (Integrated Assessment Record)
What is the IAR?
IAR is a clinical viewer that allows authorized users to view a consenting client’s assessment information to effectively plan and deliver services to that client. IAR allows assessment information to move with a client from one Health Service Provider (HSP) to another. HSPs can use the IAR to collaborate with other care providers and to view timely assessment information electronically, securely and accurately.
Why use IAR?
- Supports a client-centric approach to care by enabling access to assessment information that provides a holistic understanding of the client’s health care needs
- Enables Health Service Providers (HSPs) to access and share client assessment information in a secure, accountable and timely manner leading to more efficient care planning
- Reduces the need for assessment duplication and the need for clients to retell their story
- Improves workflow and reduces the dependency on paper-based systems
- Promotes standard person centered experience in all locations across the province
- Facilitates a collaborative approach to care through the sharing of information that can improve client outcomes
- Provides reporting capabilities for HSPs to identify the needs of client populations and measure outcomes for service planning
- Ensures fewer gaps in client information by tracking assessment history over time as they move between hospital, community service providers, and long-term care settings